There’s a pot of gold at the end of these darling rainbow cupcakes! Celebrate St Paddy’s Day with the luckiest treat of all, a buttercream topped cupcake covered in candy!
These are super easy to make for kids of all ages. Bake your favorite chocolate cake recipe or grab a boxed mix. If I’m in a rush, I love to doctor up a box of Duncan Hines with a small package of instant pudding (in a complimentary flavor) and an extra egg. It’s seriously the best!
Pot of Gold Cupcakes
Baked Cupcakes (your flavor choice, cooled)
White Icing (homemade or store bought)
- Fit disposable decorating bag with cupcake tip. Fill bag with buttercream. Unwrap Rolo candies and add a small dollop of icing to the bottom of each Rolo.
2. Pour assorted gold sprinkles into small bowl. Dip Rolo into bowl of gold sprinkles to coat in “gold”!
3. Decorate the tops of the cooled cupcakes with white icing, swirling it around the top of the cupcake to create a cloud-like design.
4. Cut sour rainbow strips into about 2″ pieces. Carefully place them on the tops of the decorated cupcakes to create a rainbow shape.
5. Add one pot of gold to the end of each rainbow. Now, stand back and look at how cute they turned out!
Can’t wait to see your creations! Tag me on social @jennycookies. Happy St. Paddy’s Day!
Pin this idea for later!