Since 2016, Pie Cookies have been a customer favorite at Jenny Cookies Bake Shop. For years our clients and fans have asked for our Pie Cookie recipe. I’m thrilled to share how simple it is to make a Mixed Berry Pie Cookie in your own kitchen!
4 cups mixed frozen berry blend (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries)
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
Pie Crust (store bought or your own favorite recipe. Find mine HERE)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add frozen berries and sugar. Cook and stir until fruit comes to a boil and begins to turn into more of a liquid consistency.
2. Mix cornstarch with a bit of water to make a paste. Add cornstarch mixture to the berries. Be sure to stir completely to avoid any clumps of cornstarch.
3. Pour filling into a heat safe container and store in the fridge to thicken. As it refrigerates, the filling will become even thicker.
4. On a floured surface, roll out pie dough.
5. Using a sandwich cutter, cut out circles from pie dough. Set aside. Gather scraps and bind together with hands. Using desired food color gel, add a small drop and gently knead crust to create a colorful dough. If you’d like a tie dye look, be sure not to blend the food coloring in completely.
6. Roll colored dough out onto floured surface. Using a pie punch, stamp and cut out shapes. Set aside shapes to later decorate the tops of your pie cookies.
7. After pie filling has completely cooled and thickened (about 2 hours), lay half of the pie dough circles out and use a small cookie scoop to add filling into the middle of the pie dough circle.
8. Cover pies with remaining pie circles, carefully lining up the edges of the tops and bottoms. Using a sandwich press, line up press around the pie circles and press down to seal pies.
9. Wet the tops of the pie cookies with a tiny bit of water, like an adhesive to attach the daisy shapes (or whatever the desired pie punch shape is). For an added decor idea, use small alphabet stamps to include messages, names or greetings onto your pie cookies!
You can also use the tie dye dough for tops of your pies! Get creative and make them your own.
10. Bake pies for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees. Keep an eye on your pies to ensure they are golden before removing from the oven.
If you try these out, tag me on social, I’d love to see your Pie Cookie creations! For extra help, watch my live bake-along here!
Pin this idea for later!