A go-to recipe for homemade pecan pie that turns out perfect every time. This classic pecan pie with Karo™ syrup is a family favorite and perfect for the holidays!
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! Are you ready? I’m here to share one of my favorite easy-to-make and delicious-to-eat pie recipes. It’s classic, it’s timeless, every Thanksgiving needs a Pecan Pie!
You’ll want to start with Karo™ Syrup to give your pie the perfect amount of sweetness and texture that a pecan pie needs. You can either use light or dark, it’s just a preference. Dark will give your pie a more robust flavor, while the light gives a more delicate vanilla flavor. The only other ingredients you need are eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, and pecans. It’s so simple to make, you just mix everything together and pour it into an unbaked pie crust!
Easy Pecan Pie
- 1 cup Karo® Corn Syrup Light or Dark
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans plus extra for decoration on top of pie
- 1 9" pie crust (use your favorite or mine)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Decorate your crust with dough cut outs or keep it simple with a crimp! I like the look of using a fork to give the edges of my crust a little detail. So easy the kids could do it!
- Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Once the pie mixture has been added to the pie crust, use extra pecans to arrange over the top of the pie.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
To save time and precious oven space during the holidays, bake your pie ahead of time. It takes some time to cool, so baking a day ahead of your holiday gathering will be helpful!
Ingredients come together with Karo™ to create delicious recipes in the same way that people come together to create joyful traditions. This week I’ll be sharing a recipe for my Pecan PieCakes as well as a Glazed Sugar Cookie, both made with Karo™. Using Karo™ in my holidays is tradition and provides constant inspiration. From the irresistible classic Pecan Pie to the perfect dipped sugar cookie, recipes are made better with Karo™!
Photography by Kelly Clare
Pin this idea for later!