I am loving making mini loaves of bread this fall! Anyone else finding uneaten bananas in their children’s lunch boxes at the end of the day? Save them!! This week I made mini banana loaves with our leftover bananas.
Mini Banana Loaves
3-4 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup chocolate chips
Wilton Chocolate Melts
Wilton Bake Easy Non-Stick Spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray your mini loaf pans with cooking spray (I LOVE Wilton’s Bake Easy spray, I use it for everything!)
2. In large bowl, mix sugar and butter. Stir in eggs until well blended. Add bananas, buttermilk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly among pans.
3. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to cooling racks and let cool about an hour.
4. Place 3/4 cup chocolate melts inside disposable pastry bag. On 30% power, microwave pastry bag with melts for 30 seconds. Turn bag over and heat for an additional 30 seconds. Continue until melted (about 1 1/2 minutes).
5. Snip tip of disposable pastry bag and drizzle over mini banana bread loaves. Let dry completely (about 15 minutes).
6. Wrap mini loaves tightly in cling wrap and store either in refrigerator or freezer in a plastic storage bag. They’re great for children’s lunches or snacks on the go!
Pin this idea for later!