Water your plans this Halloween?! Even monsters love natural mineral water directly from the French Alps!
I’ve added my signature No-Fail Sugar Cookie recipe below, along with step-by-step directions for decorating your own Monster Hand evian water bottle cookie.
Jenny Cookies Buttercream Sugar Cookies
3 cups flour, more for rolling (you can substitute gluten free flour, just add an extra egg!)
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Into a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed, beat butter and sugar for about 1½ minutes, or until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
3. Turn the mixer speed to low and carefully add the flour mixture a little at a time, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl. Once all the flour has been incorporated, the dough should form a ball around the mixing attachment and feel soft but not sticky.
4. Wrap the dough ball in a piece of plastic wrap and press down to form a 1-inch-thick disk. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before rolling or store for up to 7 days tightly wrapped.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
6. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured flat work surface to about ¼-inch thickness, using additional flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Cut dough. using a water bottle shaped cookie cutter, and carefully transfer with a cookie spatula to a nonstick baking sheet, placing the cookies about ¾ inch apart.
7. Bake one sheet at a time in the middle of the oven until puffy, about 7-8 minutes. Allow the cookies to rest for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Repeat with the gathered scraps and remaining disk until all the dough has been used.
Buttercream Icing Recipe
Makes about 6 cups
1 cup margarine or butter (2 sticks)
1 cup shortening
2 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp milk
1. Combine the margarine (or butter) and shortening in the bowl of an electric mixer; using a paddle attachment, beat on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes.
2. Add half of the powdered sugar and continue beating on low speed for an additional 2 minutes, or until the mixture is creamy, scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Add the remaining powdered sugar, vanilla and milk, and beat until the frosting is creamy and fluffy, about 2 minutes more.
3. Use immediately (see directions for decorating below) or store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 30 days.
Cookie Decorating Instructions
1. Color icing to reflect evian bottle colors. Colors needed: White, red, black, light pink, light blue, glacier blue, brown.
2. Fill decorating bags fitted with coordinating decorating tips and colors as listed below:
White: tip no 4
Red: tip no 2
Black: tip no 4
Light Pink: tip no 48
Light blue: tip no 4
Glacier Blue: tip no 4
Brown: tip no 10, and tip no 16
3. Once bags are fitted and filled with the appropriate colors and tips, you can begin decorating! Using your light blue icing, carefully outline the entire cookie. Make back and forth horizontal lines filling in entire cookie, minus the lid and sparing a small area about 3/4 down the cookie for the evian label. Draw water bottle top with blue icing, using a vertical back and forth motion.
4. Using white icing and a horizontal back and forth motion, fill in water bottle label area. Use pink icing to draw two borders around the water bottle label.
5. Using the brown icing fitted with a no. 10 tip and draw four fingers on the left side of the bottle and one thumb on the right side. Change the tip to a no 16 and draw fir onto each finger. Finish monster fingers by using black icing to draw claws onto each finger.
6. Add evian mountains with glacier blue and white icing, carefully drawing three snowy mountain peaks. Finish by drawing the evian label onto the water with the red icing.
7. Now it’s time for the best part: Enjoy!!
I’m so excited to see your Monster hand evian water bottle cookies! Tag me in your creations and remember to stay hydrated this Halloween!
THIS IS A SPONSORED POST. JENNY COOKIES HAS RECEIVED PAYMENT, TRADE AND/OR PRODUCTS IN EXCHANGE FOR PROMOTING, HOWEVER ALL OPINIONS STATED ARE MY OWN AND I ONLY PROMOTE PRODUCTS/COMPANIES I LOVE.