Fall is here!! Break out your flannels, cozy sweaters and stock up on cans of pumpkin because it’s time to make pumpkin bread! My all time favorite pumpkin recipe is my Grandma’s Pumpkin Gingerbread. It’s simple to make and perfect for sharing.
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp of each: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and all spice
2/3 cup water
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin
You will need:
Mini Loaf Pan
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease mini loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing, combine sugar, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended. Stir in pumpkin, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
3. In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed. Divide batter between prepared pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
5. Allow bread to cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. After completely cooled, wrap bread in parchment sheets and tie with bakers twine for sharing!
What is your favorite way to bake with pumpkin?
Pin this idea for later!