If you’re looking for a delicious dessert for spring get togethers, you’ve found it! This past Monday I recreated Town & Country Market‘s Simply Strawberry Cake on my Monday Night Live Instagram & Facebook show. This recipe is simple to make and sure to please your guests!
2 cups flour
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup yogurt or sour cream
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 pound fresh strawberries, tops removed and sliced
Powdered sugar for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350?. Prepare 9-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
3. In a separate larger bowl beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in eggs one at a time to butter and sugar mixture. Add vanilla.
5. Add yogurt, milk, and lemon zest. Mix well.
6. Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just incorporated. Don’t over mix.
7. Add half of your batter to prepared pan. Top with half of your prepared strawberries.
8. Add rest of batter and top with remaining strawberries. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
9. Cool in pan for at least 15 minutes then remove and dust with powdered sugar to serve.
You can serve this with a dollop of yogurt or whipped cream and extra fresh strawberries.
Recipe from Town and Country Markets