Week 1 of Cookie Camp is here! We’re working on earning our COOKING badge this week by creating a one-of-a-kind recipe, or following our S’mores Cereal Treat recipe below. Be sure to print and fill out your recipe card to add to your recipe collection, or gift the recipe card when you share your treats!
S’mores Crispy Cereal Bar Treats
6 Tbsp salted butter
1 (16 oz) bag mini marshmallows
6 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 snack size Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bars or 1 regular bar
- Prep a 9×13-inch baking dish by spraying with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix cereal, chocolate chips and 2 1/2 cups mini-marshmallows.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and 3 cups marshmallows on 30% power for 30 second increments until melted. Stir in between. When fully melted, let mixture slightly cool.
- Pour melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal mixture. Stir until evenly coated. Pour into the prepared pan and flatten with a greased spatula.
- Break Hershey’s squares in half. Press Hershey’s squares and reserved 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows into the top of the cereal treats. Use wax paper to press chocolate and mini-marshmallows over the top of the cereal mixture.
- Allow treats to cool completely, then cut into squares and serve. Cover tightly and store any leftovers at room temp up to 5 days.
Pin this idea for later!