If you’re missing Main Street, USA as much as I am, this is the recipe for you! Churro Toffee has been a sought after treat at Disneyland in recent years. It’s a classic toffee covered in white chocolate and sprinkled with that nostalgic cinnamon churro mixture we’ve all come to love so much.
I’m always thinking of ways to create as many magical moments as I can locally. Jenny Cookies Bake Shop offers Happiest Menu on Earth days with park inspired flavors and treats. Our bake shop version of Churro Toffee remains a customer favorite. We’re limited on how often we can offer these theme days, and not everyone lives near us so I thought it would be fun to share this recipe here, with those of you who can’t make it in to the bake shop (and now to all of us who can’t go to the parks)!
This recipe is simple to make though I’ll warn you, it’s easy to start eating and difficult to stop! I opened a bag in the car a few weeks ago and before I knew it, Dan and I had eaten almost the whole package by the time we reached our destination.
You will need:
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
2 bags Ghiradelli White Melting Wafers (3 bags if you coat both sides of toffee)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbls cinnamon
- Melt butter, sugar and salt in saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and combined. Add candy thermometer to the saucepan. Continue to stir, allowing mixture to turn a dark golden color. Boil until the temperature reaches 285 degrees F.
2. Line sheet pan with parchment and pour toffee mixture into prepared pan. Place pan into refrigerator for 20 minutes or 10 in the freezer.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate wafers in 30 second increments, stirring in-between until completely melted.
4. Remove sheet pan from refrigerator and pour melted chocolate over the top of the hardened toffee. While the chocolate is still tacky, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar “churro topping” mixture. Return to fridge or freezer to harden.
5. If you prefer both sides of your toffee coated in chocolate, repeat step 3 melting additional chocolate. When first layer has set up, gently flip toffee over using parchment and pour the remaining melted chocolate candy over the exposed toffee. Sprinkle with remaining churro topping mixture. Return to fridge or freezer to fully set up.
6. Once toffee has hardened, break toffee by hand into small pieces.
Churro Toffee is great packaged up and gifted to a neighbor, teacher, co-worker or friend! It lasts nearly 3 weeks if it’s stored in an air-tight container. Make someone smile this week with a little taste of Disney magic!
Pin this idea for later!