Tis the season for holiday baking and sharing! While this year we may not be gathering for cookie exchanges or holiday parties, we can still spread the Christmas Cheer by sharing treats with family, friends and neighbors with doorstep drop offs. To save time and the hassle of having to pick up or return a plate or container, Rubbermaid® Holiday TakeAlongs® [Find yours HERE] They are perfect to use for holiday baking, cookie swaps and gifting this season.
I found my Holiday TakeAlongs® on a holiday end cap at Walmart. The colors are super festive, available in red, gold, and green, with just a touch of sparkle. If you can’t get to the store, you can place an online order for store pick-up, which is so handy, you don’t even need to get out of your car! I picked up a selection of all sizes and colors to keep on hand. It’s always nice to have a variety during such a chaotic holiday season for both gifting and reducing clutter in my own kitchen.
Besides my signature sugar cookie recipe, my most popular seasonal recipe is my Christmas Crack. It’s a salty-sweet, chocolatey treat that is simple enough for even the kids to help with. My friends and family look forward to this recipe each year and have come to expect a package of it on their doorstep! I’m getting ahead this season by getting my treats fully baked and stored in the freezer until it’s time for gifting. The QuickClik seal lids on the Holiday TakeAlongs® click lid into place, securing the contents.
Whenever I gift treats, I think it’s nice to include the recipe. It looks cute on the tops of the boxes and the recipient always appreciates having the recipe. I’m sharing a free downloadable printable for you to use this season too, along with these darling gift tags.
Another fun and safe idea for gifting is gifting is filling Holiday TakeAlongs® with the ingredients to make a family favorite recipe. I filled the largest container with pre-measured ingredients, a new holiday spatula and attached the recipe to the top of the package. It not only serves as a creative and thoughtful gift, but a fun activity for the recipient!
I’m excited to see how you’ll useHoliday TakeAlongs® (found at Walmart in-store or for pickup) to share and add joy to your holiday baking and gifting this Christmas. Find my popular Christmas Crack recipe below along with the free downloadable recipe cards and gift tags.
- 1 1/4 sleeves Ritz Crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil and spray lightly with non-stick spray.
- Line pan with Ritz Crackers. They wont’ fit perfectly but aim for a mostly even layer. Breaking them into pieces will help!
- Over medium heat, melt butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Pour mixture over the Ritz crackers and spread evenly to distribute.
- Place in the oven at 425 for about 5 minutes until it just starts to bubble.
- Remove from the heat and top with chocolate chips.
- Let the chocolate chips sit for about 1 minute. , then using a spatula or knife, spread evenly across the top of the pan.
- Place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Break apart and enjoy!
Print recipe cards and gift cards from links below:
Pin this idea for later!
THIS IS A SPONSORED POST. JENNY COOKIES HAS RECEIVED PAYMENT, TRADE AND/OR PRODUCTS IN EXCHANGE FOR PROMOTING, HOWEVER ALL OPINIONS STATED ARE MY OWN AND I ONLY PROMOTE PRODUCTS/COMPANIES I LOVE.