Greetings, Cookie Campers!
Welcome to our first week at Cookie Camp. This week our theme is Cooking! We can’t wait to learn something new and hope you’ll join us for a delicious week filled with new skills and flavors.
Cooking has always been a passion of mine, more so, baking, but during quarantine I found myself in the kitchen daily, trying out new recipes and discovering all kinds of new cooking tips and tricks. My family was thrilled to find the refrigerator stocked with meals and the cookie jar always full.
Most often we cook and bake for others, right? It’s pretty rare we cook a meal or bake a treat all for ourselves. As Cookie Campers, we are always looking for ways to be a helper, and take an opportunity each day to learn something new. This week, I encourage you to try a new recipe you’ve never made before and share it with someone. It could be breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert! When you’ve mastered your recipe, share it with a neighbor, friend, grandparent or even someone in your community. I love to drop off treats to my local fire station, police station and post office and thank them for their service. Where could you deliver treats?
If you need a little help coming up with a recipe, I offer a weekly bake-along on Facebook every Monday night. The recipes are delicious and made from easy-to-source ingredients, most of which you may already have in your pantry! This week’s bake-along recipe is homemade granola bars. You are welcome to try this recipe or try something new, it’s your adventure! (Find previous Jenny Cookies Bake-Along recipes and videos HERE)
Cookie Camp Bars
1. Line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, stir together oats, Rice Krispies, pretzels, and mini M&Ms. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt butter, honey, peanut butter, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, then let simmer on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
4. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir together until everything is well-combined.
5. Press mixture firmly and evenly into prepared pan, making sure to pack everything in nice and tight.
6. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
When you complete your recipe, print out the recipe cards and tags below and gift it along with the recipe you make! Share your cooking adventure on social by tagging me @jennycookies and using the hashtag #cookiecamp. I can’t wait to see what you make! If you’re local, bring your Cookie Camp Map into Jenny Cookies Bake Shop this Saturday July 25th with a photo of your completed recipe and you’ll earn your Cooking badge in sugar cookie form!
Follow the links below for the free downloadable recipe cards and gift tags!
Our Cookie Camp Merch is now available! Grab a commemorative t-shirt or sweatshirt while supplies last!