You asked for it, you got it!! Today I’m sharing how to make my Ruffle Flower Cupcakes.
I’ve been making these ruffled cupcakes for years and they just never get old. No matter what color or size/shape of the ruffle, they are always absolutely charming.
Ruffle Flower Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 box Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water
1 (3.4 oz) box chocolate jell-o pudding
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the cupcake pan with paper liners. Set aside.
2. In an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil and eggs on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until well blended. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix again until all the ingredients are incorporated.
3. Using a cookie scoop, fill each paper liner with batter to fill the liner about two-thirds full, dividing evenly between cupcake trays.
4. Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean, or tops spring back when lightly touched. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and place the trays on wire cooling racks for 5 minutes. Take the cupcakes out of the trays and allow them to cool completely on the wire racks before decorating.
5. Meanwhile, make one batch of buttercream frosting. Add pink food coloring to the frosting until it reaches the desired shade. Attach Wilton decorating tip #104 and the coupler to the pastry bag and fill with frosting.
6. To decorate, place a cupcake on a cake decorating turntable. Holding the pastry bag at a 45 degree angle, and with the fat end of the decorating tip facing down closest to the cupcake, begin squeezing the icing at the outer edge of the cupcake while spinning the cake turntable, to create a ruffled look. Continue spinning and squeezing the icing around toward the center of the cupcake while creating overlapping ruffles until the entire cupcake is filled.
For a quick step-by-step video, watch below:
Video by Northern Peak Productions
Pin this idea for later!