One of my favorite summer desserts is strawberry shortcake. They’re the cutest addition to a summer dessert table or make a darling treat to bring to a summer bbq. I love to serve mine in Mini Canning Jars topped with cool whip and a mini wooden spoon.
For added decoration, I tie a strip of fabric around the top of the jar. I usually find a red and white gingham, but could be replaced with any fabric to coordinate your party or theme!
To watch step-by-step instructions:
Strawberry Shortcakes in a Jar
Makes 12-14 mini shortcakes
You will need:
6 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
2/3 cup plus 6 tablespoons sugar
4 1/2 cups bisquick baking mix
1 cup milk
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
16 oz container Cool Whip or whipped cream for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place the strawberries in a large bowl and mix with 1/3 cup sugar. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, mix the bisquick, milk and melted butter and remaining sugar (6 tbls) until a soft dough forms. Using the cookie scoop, measure the batter and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack until completely cool.
5. When ready to serve, break one shortcake biscuit in half and place in the bottom of each canning jar. Top with sliced strawberries. Repeat layer with other half of biscuit and garnish with whip cream or Cool Whip.
Pin this idea for later!
Recipe from Eat More Dessert
Photos & Video by KCB Photography