Father’s Day is only a few days away and I have the perfect treat to spoil dad with. Ice Cream Cake!!
The best part about Ice Cream Cake is you can tailor it to your (or dad’s) favorite ice cream and candy bar flavors. My husband loves Kit Kats and Oreos, so I made sure to include them in this cake. He’s also crazy for my oreo cake pops so I made an oreo cake pop crust!
Watch below for step-by-step tips on making layered Ice Cream Cake!
Wilton 1M Decorating Tip
Disposable Decorating Bag
Chocolate Cake Pop Mixture (see recipe below)
Ice Cream Sandwiches
Twix Mini’s, chopped
Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, softened
Cake Pop Mixture
Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake (Baked as instructed on box)
One package Oreos, crushed or blended food processor (set aside 6 for top of cake)
1/4 – 1/3 cup Buttercream Frosting or canned icing
Combine 1/2 of the chocolate cake, 1/2 crushed oreos and icing in mixer with paddle attachment. Mix until well blended and forms a sticky consistency. Set aside to use in Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Cake
1. Press cake pop mixture into bottom of springform pan to create a crust layer.
2. Add layer of softened Cookies & Cream Ice Cream
3. Lay Ice Cream Sandwiches on top of ice cream as a third layer
4. Add layer of softened Cookies & Cream Ice Cream, filling in gaps from Ice Cream Sandwiches
5. Crumble remaining cake & crushed oreos over ice cream layer to form layer
6. Spread 3/4 tub of Cool Whip on top of cake
7. Top with chopped Twix bars
8. Fill disposable decorating bag (fitted with Wilton 1M decorating tip) with remaining Cool Whip and draw swirls around top of cake.
9. Place an Oreo in the center of each swirl
10. Freeze 12-24 hours
Let stand 5-10 minutes on counter before serving.
Happy Father’s Day!!
Photos & Video by KCB Photography