October 7, 2011

Burlap & Lace

Every time I put a dessert table together I think to myself, this one is one of my favorites. Then the next table comes along and I think the same thing. They can’t all be my favorite, but this particular burlap and lace table I did for a recent wedding ranks pretty high on the list.

I met with the bride about a month before her wedding to talk about her vision for the dessert table. She was a little unsure of what she wanted, which is my favorite because that usually means the bride is open to my ideas. Everything I suggested she liked. Score!

73 thoughts on “Burlap & Lace

1. A Blissful Nest said:

Just fabulous! I love the lace tissue poms. Great job.

2. Leticia said:

Love it!!!…tutorial on fabric pom poms please!!!

• Brooke said:

I agree- would love to see some tutorials on those pom poms!! This concept is understated yet elegant. Adore!!

• kara robey said:

love it, do you have a tutorial for the burlap/material pom poms?

• Kim Aborn said:

I absolutely love these pom poms ! The whole table scape is beautiful ! Is there a tutorial how to make them as would love to make these for my antique space ! So pretty……..

3. lyndsay said:

So lovely!! Like, beyond lovely! ^__^

4. Weddingish.com said:

This is fabulous! Yet another gorgeous concept/photo to share with our fans on Facebook and our blog. :)

5. Anonymous said:

do u offer directions for do it yourselfers

• I’am doing dessert tables now and I have a rustic wedding that I will be doing this spring, your pom poms would be perfect. I was wondering if you shared how to make the pom poms? I love your style and everything you do. Thank you

6. Melanie said:

What kind of paper/fabric did you use on the pom poms? Looks fantastic!

7. Paige Reese Designer Bakeshop said:

STUNNING! LOVE IT!

8. Marjorie (sugar for the brain) said:

Wow! This is splendid!

9. Anonymous said:

you are so talented! i love it!

10. kim said:

Someone else said it already, but stunning is such an appropriate description! Just lovely. Did you make the poms as well? I love the use of book paper. I make book paper poms, wreaths etc. and sell them on etsy. ;-)

11. Anonymous said:

Absolutely beautiful. All the shades of cream & brown just keep me thinking of warm caramel!

12. jackie fo said:

FREAKING GORGEOUS! Love everthing about it…

13. Faith, Trust, and a Little Pixie Dust said:

Hi Jenny, I found you through Pinterest & I had so much fun clicking "Older Posts" over & over as I looked at your blog. What talent – not only in baking beautiful food, but in the breathtaking presentation & in the amazing photography. I am thoroughly impressed! Thanks for publishing your inspiring work.

Warmly, Michelle
    PS – I'd love to see an "About Me" tab – I'm sure I'm not the first to want to see the person behind this creative work!

14. I delight in, cause I discovered just what I used to be having a look for. You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

15. Pingback: Belle Amour - Inspiration board : Cocoa Cosy

16. Pingback: Ever So Lovely: A design, inspiration, wedding, fashion and illustration blog by Brandi Moody

17. Pamela Lengyel said:

I just found you on pinterest. Your ideas are FANTABULOUS!!!! I am making my daughter a very rustic/shabby chic elegant wedding this coming May. Would love to learn how to do a few things from you. Tutorials on the poms poms for number one. Very classy. I am put you in my Google Reader to follow you!!!

18. Deb Wagner said:

This Dessert table looks great. It’s a perfect idea for my son’s wedding. I am also wondering how you made the pom poms, especailly since we want to use some burlap in our decorating.
    Thanks

19. Wendy said:

I LOVE the burlap pom pom’s. Any chance I can have the instructions on how to make them? I am in the process of planning a wedding. Thanks in advance!

• Cindy said:

Would love to see how you make your magic with the burlap pom poms. Dreams do come true. Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience! Thanks!

• kim huff said:

Can you post how you made thepom poms

20. Pingback: Chocolate Themed Mood Board

21. Pingback: Als PopPoms auf Dessert Table traff ! | White Diary

22. Pingback: Wedding Wednesday: Dessert Table « Rustic Vintage Cowgirl

23. Pingback: Colour Monday 8. Boda en colores neutros/Neutral colours wedding |

24. Karen Walters said:

I love Lace and Burlap!!Paper flower balls are incredible!

25. Pingback: Party inspiration: baby showers | Globetrotting in Heels

26. Pingback: Trend: Burlap and Lace | events by SOCIAL GRACES

27. Michelle said:

Would it be possible for you to tell me how you made the Burlap and Lace flower balls?

Thanks,
    MIchelle

28. Sara Lambert said:

How did you make your flower on the cake out of burlap? How did you place it into the cake and keep it’s shape?

• Stefany Walker said:

Would love to know how to make the burlap flower that you have on the wedding cake.

29. Pingback: Dessert Yums: Burlap and Lce « Roberts & Co Events {Blog}

30. Wow Wow Wow! Amazing inspiration, I just got lost on your blog in a wonderland of gorgeous colour, photos and inspiration!

At the risk of asking you the same question as most others on this comment roll, I would absolutely love to know if you have a tutorial that you can share on the lace/tissue pom poms? I would love to make some for my steampunk themed wedding in September.

31. Pingback: Best of Pinterest: Our Latest and Greatest Pins {June 2012}

32. lacee said:

I love these poms… can i get the how to… please!!!

33. Mary Jean said:

can you email the tutorial on the bulap/tissue pompoms? Love them!

Thanks, Mary

34. Sally said:

This look is gorgeous!! I would also love a tutorial or instructions on how to make the burlap pom poms and roses….This will solve a lot of our decorating dilemmas we were having! Thanks so much!

35. Darlene said:

beautiful beautiful.. as others have asked could you give us a tutorial on your pompoms?

36. I love love love thses pompoms! Please tell me how you made them. They’re perfectly rustic and simple. I love that you mixed the textures on the cream colored pompoms. I’m getting married in a barn in November and they would be perfect to hang over the dance floor or over the cake table (like you did.)

37. Donna Fuzi said:

OMG ! Love this! My daughters shower is in September and would like to do the lace and burlap balls can you tell me how to make them. Beautiful work…Thanks

38. Cindi said:

Love the burlap pompoms. Do you have a tutorial? If possible I would love to have it please!!

Thanks

39. Pingback: » {Inspiration} Wedding Dessert Buffets May I Have The Ring

40. Jaime said:

Did anyone ever hear back about a tutorial for the pom poms? So beautiful!

41. Ashley said:

Im with everyone else…POM POMS…Please! How!DO!U!Make!Them! love, love it

42. Karla Radermacher said:

Could you please e-mail me instructions for making the pom poms, my granddaughter is getting married and I am doing alot of the stuff for the wedding. She would love these.

43. Sherry Zachmann said:

would love to know how to make your pom poms please send instructions

44. Pingback: Inspired By: Vintage Cake and Dessert Displays

45. Pingback: Mesa Dulce – MESA DULCE DE BODA: Vintage y belleza

46. Kim Aborn said:

Would love to know how to make the pom poms they are so gorgeous ! i have only seen the tissue ones could you send me info on how to make them ? So pretty!

47. Pingback: Hanging Your Wedding Decor - Bajan Wed

48. Lora harwood said:

I saw so many requests for instructions for the pom, poms – do you in fact give them out? Doing a bridal shower for a niece and love them, love them!

Thanks tons for your inspiration and insight – you are beautiful!

49. Judi Oaks` said:

love the whole statement of the dessert table. soft, elegant, inviting, and beautiful.

50. Pingback: Friday Favorites {Inventory Inspiration}: Vintage Suitcases

51. Deana Rhodes said:

I will be having a wedding in June. I would to know how to do the Pom Poms please.

52. Pingback: perfect pair party inspiration | Circus Berry

53. Pingback: Fall & Winter Crafting Wish List « Our Grace Filled Life

54. joann said:

I would love to no how to make the pom,poms balls im doing a baby shower for my step daughter ,they are awesome.

55. Pingback: interestingillustration.com Burlap and Lace | interestingillustration.com

56. Donna Cox said:

Where can I find the instructions for these beautiful burlap pom poms? They are beautiful?

57. tara said:

Can I buy some poms from you

58. angie byrum said:

I would love to order pom pons from you.

59. LOVE THIS TABLESCAPE!!! BEAUTIFUL WORK-GREAT IDEA-JUST LOVELY!!!!