December 23, 2010

Ally & Hudson’s gingerbread party

Among an insane amount of cookie and cupcake orders, I thought why not add to my already overflowing holiday to-do list and throw a gingerbread house making party for my friends and their kids?

Best idea ever. My friends are really good moms. Really GOOD moms. 13 children came to party without a single scream, yell, tantrum, or fit thrown the entire time. It was calm. Almost relaxing calm. It was as if all the moms teamed up, like we’re here for a single purpose, let’s do this together. No giant messes, no big spills, no toys baskets dumped, no breaks, just a fantastic group of kids.

Until Hudson sprayed perfume in his eyes.

42 thoughts on “Ally & Hudson’s gingerbread party

1. Cupcake Activist said:

Wow!!! Everything looks so awesome! I love the desserts. I love the festiveness. Great job!

2. mom22 said:

Again – this is absolutely amazing!!!! I'm planning a gingerbread party for next year and can't wait to use your ideas as inspirations! (as long as you don't mind:)!)

3. Neev said:

Gorgeous pics and looks like the kids had a blast.

4. bethkruse said:

i love everything at your party! your treats are all beautiful but still kid friendly. i really like that you put up the backdrop for pics. wrapping paper? great idea!
    bethkruse.blogspot.com

5. Selena Ze Arteest said:

Adorable party

6. Anonymous said:

WHERE DID YOU GET THOSE CUTE APRONS MADE?

7. Sheri said:

Oh wow! I wish I was at that party. Looks so festive and fun.

I just found your blog today and I've really enjoyed looking through the pages. You are so talented.

8. Brandi said:

Oh my GOSH. That is the most precious holiday set up I've ever seen. Great job!

9. Rettabug said:

This has GOT to be one of the most darling winter wonderland parties I have ever seen! I found your blog via photos on Pinterest & I bet everybody is going to be making "North Pole" Cupcakes this year.
    May I ask how you did the little signs on them?

Admiringly yours,
    Rett

BTW, I'm your newest follower!

10. - Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said:

Jenny, I love the north pole cupcakes! I'd like to use it in a round up of ideas that can be made with kids as holiday gifts. The post would be published on TLC's Parentables.com website. May I have your permission to use a photo and link back to you?

11. Courtney said:

LOVE this party! Planning my daughter's 3rd Birthday party now and we are doing a Reindeer themed party. I love the aprons you gave out and wanted to find similar ones (with reindeer hopefully!) Do you mind sharing where you had those made?

12. Pingback: Found on Pinterest Sunday | Toffee Bits and Chocolate Chips

13. Helpful information. Lucky me I found your site unintentionally, and I’m shocked why this twist of fate did not happened in advance! I bookmarked it.

14. Pingback: Cookie Exchange Party Ideas - SNAP! Creativity

15. Pingback: Wishful Wednesday – Christmas Tables in Red « « flower child au blog flower child au blog

16. Caroline J. in MA said:

Jenny!

LOVE LOVE LOVE your North Pole cupcakes. I would love to make them for my daughter’s class for their Holiday Party. Would you mind sending me the recipe for them and what kind of sugar/topping you used on top? Is that just a straight piece of candy cane or did you just push the curved end of the candy cane into the cupcake? Pure genius!

17. I absolutely adore your North Pole cupcakes! But everything else is just as awesome! L-O-V-E!

18. This is absolutely PRECIOUS! I’m gonna have an adult-sized gingerbread party! <3

19. I totally love what you did with this party, you are a super star Mom. I am going to re-blog this on my blog and show off all your hard work!

20. Brenda H. said:

I absolutely love this party….I too want to know where I can purchase those aprons.

21. Pingback: Event Envy: A Gingerbread Party | igoYOUgo

22. Hey there! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the fantastic work!

23. Pingback: {Inspiration} A Traditional Red, Green and White Christmas | Bow Occasions Blog | UK Wedding and Lifestyle Blog

24. Pat Snyder said:

I made these cupcakes for our Polar Express Party last Christmas. We served them up with some hot chocolate (of course!) after our “train” ride through the neighborhood. So simple, delicious and cute. I actually had all of the ingredients and decorations to make them in the pantry. What could be easier! Your photos are beautiful as well. Thanks for the inspirations. I will probably use more this year:)

25. Susan said:

What do you use to get the red frosting so red? Mine is always more pink than red.

Wonderful decorations! We have been having gingerbread house parties for my daughters for many years now. It’s a tradition I enjoy as much as they do!

26. Suzy said:

Love your creativity and beautiful displays. Can you share how you made the aprons or where you had them made? Thanks.

27. Pingback: Candy Cane Christmas | Sharnel Dollar Designs

28. Pingback: Fun Christmas Party Ideas

29. Pingback: 12 Party Perfect Christmas Sweets & Treats | Making Lemonade

30. Pingback: 15 Festive Christmas Treats and Katiedid Designs Giveaway Winners!!

31. Pingback: 15 Easy Holiday Treat Ideas | Seaside Vacations

32. Pingback: 12 Days of Fun Christmas Traditions | Seaside Vacations

33. cmlaplant said:

Your presentation looks awesome! Great creativity!!!

34. Shannon said:

Jenny,
    Like so many other moms, I’m in awe of your creative design ideas and flawless execution. The North Pole cupcakes are the most fabulous desserts ever! I have read the comments from the other readers and I would also love to know how you made them? What did you use for the sugar crystals? What is the icing recipe and where did you find those peppermint sticks? Did you make the little signs yourself?

Shannon, Bucks county PA

35. Pingback: Unique Party Ideas from Bellenza | Winter Wonderland Party Ideas for Kids

36. Pingback: {pinterest project of the week} north pole cupcakes with free printable

37. Pingback: Last day for Christmas Cookie Countdown | ?EAT ?FOOD