Better than scratch cookies, these gingerbread men are as easy as they are delicious! I start out with a boxed gingerbread cake mix, add a few ingredients and before you know it, spicy gingerbread men are jumping out of the oven and taking over my kitchen!
Easy Gingerbread man Cookies
- non-stick cookie sheets (x2)
- #4 wilton decorating tip
- disposable pastry bag
- 1 box gingerbread cake mix
- 1/4 cup water hot
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup buttercream icing for decoration get recipe here
- In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer on medium speed with the paddle attachment, mix all the ingredients until a medium consistency dough forms, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal size balls. Wrap each ball in a piece of plastic wrap and press down to form 1 inch thick discs. Refrigerate for at least an hour before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured flat work surface to about 1/4 inch thickness, using additional flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Cut out gingerbread man cookie shapes and carefully transfer with a spatula to a nonstick baking sheet placing the cookies about 3/4 inch apart. continue rolling out the gathered scraps and remaining disc until all of the dough has been used.
- Bake one sheet at a time n the middle of the oven for about 8 minutes or until the edges are firm. Allow the cookies to rest for 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- To decorate the gingerbread men, using a pastry bag filled with white buttercream and fitted with a #4 decorating tip, pipe eyes, nose, mouth, three buttons and squiggly zigzags on arms and legs.
Recipe from my cookbook Eat More Dessert. For more easy, simple to make treats, grab a copy HERE.
Pin this idea for later!