Pink Velvet Knock Off Hostess Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
1 box Duncan Hines Pink Velvet cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding
8 tbls butter (softened)
2/3 cup water
1 batch buttercream icing (recipe below)
1 package white candy melts
1 package pink candy melts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with baking cups.
2. Mix pink velvet cake mix, water, butter (softened) eggs and pudding mix in a large bowl on low speed until blended (about 30 seconds). Scrape sides of bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or full blended.
3. Using cookie scoop for even sizes, fill baking cups with cupcake batter.
4. Bake for 16-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool on wire rack for additional 30 minutes.
6. Make one batch buttercream icing (recipe below)
7. Using cupcake corer/paring knife or strawberry corer, remove centers of cupcakes.
8. Fill disposable icing bag with icing. Snip tip of decorating bag about 3/4″-1″. Fill each cupcake with icing.
9. In two separate microwave safe bowls, melt candy melts on 30% power for 30 second increments until melted, stirring in between. (About 1 1/2-2 minutes total)
10. Holding filled cupcake by liner, dip cupcake down into the bowl of pink melted candy, just past the top of the cupcake liner. Place on counter to dry. Repeat with remaining cupcakes.
11. After all cupcakes have been dipped in pink, fill 2nd disposable icing bag with melted white candy. Snip tip of bag about 1/2 cm from end. Draw a squiggle or zig zag line across the top of the cupcake. Repeat with remaining cupcakes. Allow to dry about 10 minutes.
Watch my quick step-by-step tutorial below:
Video by Northern Peak Productions
Pin this idea for later!